Skip to main content

Monday Mayhem

Prepare yourself for a long, ramble-filled post containing a collection of my thoughts that when put together on one web page, like this, probably don't make sense.

As you're reading this I'm sat on the beach, hopefully the sun is shining but living in England the rain could be pouring, you just never know. However, as I'm writing this I'm sat in my very tidy room: hoovered, dusted and organised, it's a very nice place to be. My hair is soaking wet, Boots own-brand tea tree & witch hazel charcoal face mask sinking into my skin (5 minutes to go) and my spotify chill playlist on shuffle (current song: I Want You by The Kooks). I couldn't be bothered lighting a candle but my fairy lights are twinkling and I feel calm, at peace. Are you able to sense any tranquility through this post? I'm certainly feeling it.

I feel like this is a case of long time, no blog. I do believe a month is the longest I've gone without writing a blog post since 2014 (the birth year of this random little site) last year I would have thought 2 weeks was an awfully long time to not blog and feel a little lost when trying my hand at it again but not now. In the grand scale of things one month isn't really that long but it feels like a life time. However, returning this time doesn't feel as daunting. Due to a number of reasons, probably, such as me keeping up to date with social media, it means I feel as if I haven't been gone as long and that I'm being welcomed with open arms. Not that coming or going is a big deal, people enter and leave our lives all the time, but I do feel like I need to stick up a big sign and write across my forehead I'M BACK!! COME READ MY BLOG AGAIN!

I've also changed the design, you like it? I do, it feels like the modern, up to date blog design I've been wanting for a while but couldn't find or afford and then boom blogger released some new designs and this one seems the perfect fit for me. Isn't it funny how things fit into place when you stop looking or aren't searching? Life has a funny way of handing you rewards earlier than you were expecting or later than you wanted. So with that I'm trying not to want, of course, it's human nature to want things. Or maybe it isn't, I'm not expert, maybe if we weren't aware we could want things we wouldn't? However, I want would like to lesson the amount I want things because I think it will make me happier. Can always try... and if it doesn't work, I'll just revert back to old me.

Anyways, it's getting a little late now so I'll see you on Friday. Oh! I forgot to say I'm attempting a blog schedule (as voted for by my wonderful twitter followers) come back on Mondays and Fridays for new posts, plus a bonus collaboration on April 19th! The collaboration is a Q&A too so if you have any questions let me know on any of my social media or in the comments, thank youuu.

much love xo


Comments

  1. i really enjoyed reading this! love the new layout & the kooks omg!! i recently updated my blog and it's made me feel really motivated, i'm so glad for the new layouts!

    anna x
    http://poeticvellichor.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love the Kooks (wish I was able to get tickets for their tour!) and can't wait to have a look at your new blog layout xo

      Delete
  2. Had fun reading this, glad you're back. Loving the new layout as well btw. Can't wait for new posts in the future x

    Sophie's Spot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely little post and I'm so pleased to see you back at blogging, certainly missed you! Can't wait for more posts and hopefully some bit like this one!! Lily xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS! Lovvinnnngggg your new layout and general design x

      Delete
    2. Thank youuuuu!! I've missed blog too xo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blogs are like Trains

I never thought I'd be posting a blog post similar to this one because I try to make and take each blog post as their own and my blog itself seems to fall under no category but I feel I need to write this for myself. For my own piece of mind.

I started this blog over two years ago, in fact, almost three years and I guess time really does fly when you're having fun. Those two years have flown by so quickly and I've only really been writing for an audience, thanks to some of my social media platforms, for a year and, my oh my, has this little space grown. I've received comments on most of the posts I've published since and there are people who actively choose to come back and say hello every time I post (they're some of my favourite people ever). I've discovered more blogs that I ever imagined the Internet could hold and I've loved every single one of them. You can't help but compare yourself but, luckily, I don't feel I have to compete to be bette…

Passion #ThursdayThoughts

Hello lovely people,
I hope you're having a wonderful day and have spent moments doing something you really enjoy.
As you're reading this I am helping at my Sixth Form open evening and last Thursday I was doing the exact same, except that it was for the entire school. Whilst wondering the Chemistry department I came across a year 7 boy, short in height, friendly and, more than ever, passionate about what he was doing in that moment. 
He asked me: 'can I show you how to do this experiment?' and although, I've done the test for hydrogen many times over the course of my school career, I said yes because I could see the excitement in his eyes to talk me through what he was doing. As he added the Magnesium to the Hydrochloric acid I placed my thumb over the test tube and he lit a wooden splint in the bunsen burner. He swiftly brought the splint over and got me to move my hand a squeaky pop sound could be heard, indicating that hydrogen was present. Hearing the pop his …

A Day In My Life | Collaboration

I'm lucky, each day that goes by something totally different so when writing a day in my life post it's a little tricky to write about something which isn't consistent. So as much as today is the day I've chosen to share with you, it's not that 'normal' but something I enjoyed doing. This post is also a wonderful collaboration with Elizabeth from bethmay75.blogspot.co.uk! I'll leave all her links below so make sure to have a look and a read. 
07:40 - Wake up! So lovely not having to get up at 6am for work and having a lovely, refreshing nights sleep.
08:00 - Sit up! I spent a little time finishing off my vlog for today and uploading and publishing it on my vlogging channel 'Extra Emsi'.
09:00 - Shower time! A quick wash before getting dressed, doing my make up and hair.
09:30 - Walkies! Off on a dog walk with my happy pooch Ebony. I love her so very much.

10:00 - Breakfast! Has a toasted bagel with butter, delicious!

10:20 - Left my house to wa…